Help us come back stronger than ever!
Similar to many events and gatherings in 2020, we made an unprecedented decision for the first time in nearly 80 years to cancel the 2020 Tulip Festival amid the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. It was a difficult decision, but our Festival Community was the primary focus in making a decision that revolved around preserving our legacy of providing a safe and enjoyable family-focused heritage event.
During this unusual year, we are experiencing unparalleled circumstances as a Foundation. By January of each year, we have already incurred expenses with the anticipation of celebrating in May. The financial impact of a late spring cancellation has been far-reaching as we begin planning for the 2021 Tulip Festival. Without the revenue from the 2020 night show, concessions, and carnival ticket sales, we are starting the year at a significant deficit.
As 2020 draws to a close and preparations for the 2021 Tulip Festival are well underway, we’d like to ask for your continued support of Friends of the Festival Foundation during this crucial fundraising year.
- Our 2020 fundraising campaign will focus predominantly on the financial recovery from the festival cancellation. Be assured that your donation to aid in recovery is also a contribution to support the future of the Tulip Festival!
- We also had several projects and improvements that were halted in April. It is our hope that those will be restarted and completed for the 80th celebration.
Please consider making a tax-deductible, year-end gift to the Friends of the Festival Foundation in support of these projects. Your contribution enables us to share our thriving Dutch heritage with visitors and community members.
Thank you for your consideration,
Reese & Cristi Kelch, Volunteers
Friends of the Festival Foundation Chairpersons
Donate Online Now:
Donation Recognition Levels
- William of Orange Club $2,500 & above
- De Volksvriend Club $1,500-$2,499
- De Klompen Club $1,000-$1,499
- White Tulip Club $500-$999
- Yellow Tulip Club $250-$499
- Red Tulip Club $5-$249
Please make checks payable to: Friends of the Festival Foundation
Deliver or mail donation to: Tulip Festival Office | 509 8th Street SE | Orange City, Iowa 51041