Now a 2-day show!
ArtBurst is a two-day juried fine art fair that is free to the public and held during the annual Orange City Tulip Festival, a celebration of the Iowa community’s Dutch heritage that attracts tens of thousands of people each year. Artists are selected by a jury to exhibit and sell their work on the grounds of the historical Sioux County Courthouse, which is located on the Tulip Festival’s parade route and near food vendors and the festival’s information booth.
$300 Best of Show cash prizes are awarded for both two-dimensional and three-dimensional work. An ArtBurst Patrons program ensures support of exhibiting artists by securing advance commitments toward purchases.
The ArtBurst application is located below.
Friday and Saturday*, May 20 and 21, 2022
10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sioux County Courthouse Lawn
Orange City, Iowa
$20 nonrefundable jury fee due with application
$75 booth fee (if accepted for ArtBurst) for each 10′ x 10′ booth space
Application deadline for artists: March 25, 2022
* A limited number of artists will be allowed to participate in ArtBurst as a one-day show on Saturday, May 21. If interested in that option, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- All work must be original art produced by the exhibiting artist(s).
- “Buy/sell” work, imports, work from molds or kits, commercial designs and derivative work is strictly prohibited.
- Reproductions must be fine art prints (giclees) or cards.
In order to be considered for ArtBurst, you must provide the following:
- A completed application (See below.)
- An artist’s statement describing your material/medium and process/technique
- Four images of your artwork (digital preferred, prints accepted)
- One image of your booth
- A $20 nonrefundable jury fee (Application is not complete—nor will it be considered—without payment of jury fee.)
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope if you submitted photos and would like them returned
- Artists will be selected by a jury.
- Aesthetic quality and number of artists in each medium will be the sole criteria of the jury, whose decision will be final.
- All exhibiting artists must meet all eligibility and insurance requirements, entry procedures, and application deadlines and may not share or split their booths with others.
March 25 ArtBurst applications due
April 1 Jury decisions made and artists notified
April 15 Booth payments due
May 1 Contracts and Insurance Forms due
A full refund of all booth fees paid is available until May 1, 2022. No refunds will be made after that date due to cancellation by the artist or in the case of inclement weather.
- Artists are responsible for providing their own booths, tents or displays. No tent stakes are allowed on Courthouse grounds
- Artists will be assigned a load-in time on either Thursday evening, May 19, or Friday morning, May 20.
- Booths are to be kept intact until 6 p.m. Saturday, May 21.
- While there is no guarantee of a particular booth location, efforts will be made to accommodate preferences.
- No lawn stakes are allowed. Booths must be secured with weights.
- Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting all taxes.
- Every artist participates at his/her own risk. ArtBurst and the Orange City Tulip Festival are not responsible for loss due to breakage or theft.
- Upon acceptance, artists must sign and return an ArtBurst privilege contract. They must also provide appropriate Certificate of Liability Insurance, naming the Friends of the Festival Foundation/Orange City Tulip Festival as an additional insured pursuant to a general liability insurance policy with a minimum coverage of $1 million. Artists may not set up or exhibit until the approved insurance certificate is received by the Orange City Tulip Festival office.
- Online payment of jury and booth fees preferred. Otherwise, mail check (made out to the Orange City Tulip Festival with “ArtBurst” on the memo line) to:
Orange City Tulip Festival
Attn: ArtBurst Coordinator
509 8th Street SE
Orange City, IA 51041