Join the Parade
2021 Parade Line Up Map – Click the button below for the 2021 Parade Map
The Volksparade is the Tulip Festival’s main event. The twice daily parade draws thousands and is filled with sound and color. We are always excited to welcome marching bands and parade entries.
Communities and civic organizations are welkom to complete the parade entry form below. There is not a cost to have a float in the Tulip Festival parades. Applications are open until May 1.
Please keep in mind the following guidelines concerning the parade:
- Parade entries should promote and align with Tulip Festival purposes. The Tulip Festival celebrates and commemorates the Dutch heritage of the area, and the tulip as a cultural icon for the area. The Tulip Festival’s activities also serve to promote tourism and local commerce. Consequently, entries are expected to promote the area’s heritage and the tulip, educate the community on Dutch traditions and observances, and promote tourism and local commerce. Entries deemed controversial or which negatively affect the purposes of the Tulip Festival shall be denied parade participation.
- All floats should be properly decorated (no pickup trucks with a sign in the back).
- Horses or horse-drawn vehicles must receive permission from the Parade Chair. These will have additional insurance requirements
- Please provide your own vehicle for pulling and your own riders.
- No candy, toys or other objects may be thrown from floats or moving vehicles.
- No music is to be played from the float while on parade route, as it will interfere with the marching bands or flag corps.
- Our full parade entry policy is available upon request from the Tulip Festival office.
Please note: You will receive a confirmation email from our Parade Coordinator when your application is received. If accepted, you will receive your parade line-up number when you arrive for the parade(s) you selected. Parade line-up times are noted below.
Applications do not guarantee acceptance.
Parade Entry Form
Parade registration is closed for 2021