Now a 2-day show!
ArtBurst is a two-day juried fine art fair that is free to the public and held during the annual Orange City Tulip Festival, a celebration of the Iowa community’s Dutch heritage that attracts tens of thousands of people each year. Up to 40 artists chosen by a jury exhibit and sell their work on the grounds of the historical Sioux County Courthouse, which is located on the Tulip Festival’s parade route and near food vendors and the festival’s information booth.
$300 Best of Show cash prizes are awarded for both two-dimensional and three-dimensional work. An ArtBurst Patrons program ensures support of exhibiting artists by securing advance commitments toward purchases.
The ArtBurst application is located below.
- All work must be original art produced by the exhibiting artist(s).
- “Buy/sell” work, imports, work from molds or kits, commercial designs and derivative work is strictly prohibited.
- Reproductions must be fine art prints (giclees) or cards.
In order to be considered for ArtBurst, you must provide the following:
- A completed application (See below.)
- An artist’s statement describing your material/medium and process/technique
- Four images of your artwork (digital preferred, prints accepted)
- One image of your booth
- A $20 nonrefundable jury fee (Application is not complete—nor will it be considered—without payment of jury fee.)
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope if you submitted photos and would like them returned
- Artists will be selected by a jury.
- Aesthetic quality and number of artists in each medium will be the sole criteria of the jury, whose decision will be final.
- All exhibiting artists must meet all eligibility requirements, entry procedures and application deadlines and may not share or split their booth with others.
Feb. 1 ArtBurst applications due
March 1 Jury decisions made and artists notified
March 15 Booth payments due
A full refund of all booth fees paid is available until April 1, 2018. No refunds will be made after that date due to cancellation by the artist or in the case of inclement weather.
- Artists are responsible for providing their own booths, tents or displays.
- Artists may begin setting up at 7 a.m. Friday, May 18, in their assigned booth space.
- Booths are to be kept intact until 4 p.m. Saturday, May 19.
- While there is no guarantee of a particular booth location, efforts will be made to accommodate preferences.
- No lawn stakes are allowed. Booths must be secured with weights.
- Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting all taxes.
- Every artist participates at his/her own risk. ArtBurst and the Orange City Tulip Festival are not responsible for loss due to breakage or theft.
- Selected artists must sign a privilege contract and provide proof of insurance.
- Online payment of jury and booth fees preferred. Otherwise, mail check (made out to the Orange City Tulip Festival with “ArtBurst” on the memo line) to:
Orange City Tulip Festival
Attn: ArtBurst Coordinator
509 8th Street SE
Orange City, IA 51041