ArtBurst is one of the most spectacular fine art fairs in our area. Up to 40 visual artists are selected by a jury to exhibit fine art in a variety of mediums. Regional artists display, demonstrate and sell their work. Best of Show awards are awarded by a judge in the categories of 2D and 3D art.
Enjoy musical entertainment by The Usual Suspects from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., and 4 to 6 p.m. ArtBurst is free to the public.
The ArtBurst application is located below.
- All work must be original art produced by the exhibiting artist(s).
- “Buy/sell” work, imports, work from molds or kits, commercial designs and derivative work is strictly prohibited.
- Reproductions must by fine art prints (giclees).
- Artists will be selected by a jury.
- Aesthetic quality and number of artists in each medium will be the sole criteria of the jury, whose decision will be final.
- All exhibiting artists must meet all eligibility requirements, entry procedures and application deadlines and my not share or split their booth with others.
- March 1 – ArtBurst applications due
- March 20 – Jury decisions made
- April 1 – Notifications to artists sent via email
- April 10 – Deadline to confirm participation
- Artists are responsible for providing their own booths, tents or displays.
- Artists may begin setting up at 6:30 a.m. Saturday, May 20, in their assigned booth space.
- Booths are to be kept intact until 4:30 p.m., weather permitting, and must be taken down by 5:30 p.m.
- No lawn stakes are allowed. Booths must be secured with weights.
- No refunds will be given after April 15 due to cancellation by the artist or in the case of inclement weather.
- Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting appropriate taxes.
Applications do not guarantee acceptance.
If you have questions while filling out the ArtBurst application, please call the Tulip Festival office at 712-707-4510.