TULIP FESTIVAL 2022 – SR. DUTCH DANCE
The 2022 Tulip Festival is right around the corner. The Executive Steering Committee and individual committees have been busy planning and preparing for this year’s Tulip Festival and it’s time to start thinking about Sr. Dutch dancing. The Sr. Dutch dance group is historically the largest group in the annual straat feest and I just want to take this opportunity to encourage you to encourage your sons and/or daughters the importance of participating. Tulip Festival is an opportunity for your children to give back to a community that supports them through their education and extracurricular activities. Dutch dance is a small commitment with a big impact in the festival. The Dutch dancers perform each day before the afternoon parade. The experiences they have now will be memories for years to come. For students that are worried there is not enough time to change into their band uniforms before the parade, there IS plenty of time to change if they are involved in the parade. MOC-FV 7th/8th and high school band members are allowed to wear their band uniforms as their Dutch costumes.
What to Wear:
Girls: Dutch Hat, Dutch Costume, wooden shoes (MOC-FV Jr High flags may wear their uniform for a girl’s costume)
Guys: Dutch Hat, Dutch Costume, wooden shoes (MOC-FV 7th/8th grade and High school band members may wear their uniform for a costume)
If you need a costume:
- Denise De Vries has some costumes available for boys and girls on a first-come, first-serve basis. Call Denise Work: 737-4221 Home 737-4725
- OC swap and Facebook are great resources for finding costumes also.
Please note the days and times for practice. Please try to be at as many practices as possible
Tues., May 3 at 7:15 am-7:45 am
Wed., May 4 at 7:15 am-7:45 am
Tues., May 10 at 7:15 am-7:45 am
Wed., May 11 at 7:15 am-7:45 am
- These practices will all be held in the Orange City Elementary Gym. MOC-FV Jr. High and High school students will be able to ride the shuttle buses to their buildings at 7:50 am. OCCS students will be able to walk to their school.
Tues., May 17 at 7:15 am-7:45 am
Wed., May 18 at 7:15 am-7:45 am
- These two practices will be held downtown. Meet at the corner of Northwestern Bank. Bring your wooden shoes to the downtown practices.
Thursday, May 19
Friday, May 20
Saturday, May 21
- Meet on the street on the north side of Northwestern bank at 12:45. Straatfeest starts at 1:00
- You will perform two times. The first will be in the block between Hands Around the World gift shop and Brad’s Breads and the second time in the block between Sioux County Treasurer and the City Hall.
If you have questions, please call: Deb Walter 441-2044